Immigration in Airport (Visa Procedure)
For first visit in one visa year (January to December), gratis visa for 30 days is available only for nationals of South Asian countries. However, visa can be extended from the immigration Department on payment of visa fee. Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
Advice for Online Visa Applicants
In order to avoid long queues and unnecessary problems, kindly submit a complete Online Visa Application form to the Immigration Authority of Nepal in your first attempt! To do that, here are few things you need to prepare:
- Please keep your valid passport at hand.
- Ready a recent digital photograph (size: 1.5” x 1.5”) in your removable device to upload your photograph for the application.
- Gather beforehand a detailed permanent residence address, and detailed address in Nepal.
- You need to provide telephone numbers—land-line and mobile.
- You need to provide your email address too.
- The submitted application will remain in the system for 15 days. After 15 days, the application will be deleted automatically from the system.
- Once the application is successfully submitted, a receipt will be sent to your email immediately.
- Print the receipt and keep it with you as you need to produce it before the Immigration Authority.
- For your convenience, the deadline to contact the Immigration Authority will be mentioned in the receipt.
- The receipt also mentions about the documents you need to produce before the Immigration Authority.
- Please contact the Immigration Authority within 15 days after the submission of application.
- For example, if you submit your extension application today, and your visa is expiring the next day, on the third day if you visit the Department of Immigration, you will have to pay late fee of that day. In order to prevent this sort of hassle, please submit your extension application on time and get your visa renewed before crossing the expiry date.
- When you contact the Immigration Authority, please make sure you have the receipt and proper documents with you including the necessary fee.
- No on arrival visa for country list – AFG, IRQ, CMR, GHA, SOM, SWZ ,PSE, ZWE, NGA ,ETH, LBR
Fees to be levied while issuing tourist visa by the Mission Or entry point:
- US Dollars 25 or other convertible foreign currency equivalent thereto for 15 days multiple entry visa.
- US Dollars 40 or other convertible foreign currency equivalent thereto for 30 days multiple entry visa.
- US Dollars 100 or other convertible foreign currency equivalent thereto for 90 days multiple entry visa.
- Not withstanding anything written in clause (a) and (b), no visa fee shall be applicable to the passport holder of member states of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) for 30 days .
Visa can be obtained only through payment of cash in the following currency:Euro, Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, US Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar and Japanese Yen. Credit card, Indian currency and Nepali currency are not accepted as payment of visa fee.