Makalu Base Camp Trek
Makalu (8481m), is the fifth highest peak in world. Situated in the eastern part of Nepal, it is enclosed by the Makalu-Barun National Park and Conservation Project. Many species protected here are on the verge of extinction. The park, covering 2330 sq. km., was established in 1992. Not only does the Makalu-Barun National Park offer remarkable mountain scenery, but also a huge variety of flora and fauna. Almost throughout the Makalu base camp trek, you will get to see magnificent views of the nearby Everest, Lhotse, Chamling, Baruntse and many other peaks.
The region is renowned place of cultural diversity. Many diverse tribal groups reside in unity in the Makalu-Barun National Park. People of many ethnic groups live together in remote villages. The early part of the route passes through the low-altitude, dense forest and terraced hillsides of the Arun Valley. Those clients who make the effort to visit this region with BP scout Expedition, all can speak in glowing terms about the area.
The trek begins from Tumlingtar, reached by an exciting flight direct from Kathmandu. From Tumlingtar we head to Mane Bhanjyang. During the trek, we discover valleys where many different ethnic communities have long preserved their unique cultures. The trail passes through beautiful lush forest, subtropical valleys, with enormous varieties of flora and fauna that are nature's wonderful showcase. We proceed on our journey to Chinchilla which is a 3 hours drive from Tumlingtar and continue to Num, Seduwa, Tashigaon, Khongma and Mumbuk. Then we reach Neh Kharka. It is necessary to rest here for climate adaptation then once are ready proceed to Yak Kharka. Finally we reach Makalu Base Camp.
The return trek follows trial via Neh Kharka, Mumbuk, Khongma, Seduwa and Num. The trek concludes with a flight from Tumlingtar to Kathmandu.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu.Transport to Hotel.
- Day 02: Visit in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Fly to Tumlingtar and camp (937m)
- Day 04: Tumlingtar trek to Manebhanjyang (5h-1100m)
- Day 05: Manebhanjyang trek to Chichilla (6h-1900m)
- Day 06: Chichilla trek to Num (6h-1400m)
- Day 07: Num trek to Seduwa (6h-1400m)
- Day 08: Seduwa trek to Tashigaon (3h-2200m)
- Day 09: Tashigaon trek to Khongma (7h-3875m)
- Day 10: Khongma trek to Mumbuk (6h-3300m)
- Day 11: Mumbuk trek to Neh Kharka (6h-4000m)
- Day 12: Rest day/ acclimatization day
- Day 13: Neh Kharka trek to Yak Kharka (5h-4400m)
- Day 14: Yak Kharka trek to Makalu base camp (5h-4800m)
- Day 15: Rest day
- Day 16: Makalu BC trek to Neh Kharka (6h)
- Day 17: Neh Kharka trek to Mumbuk (5h)
- Day 18: Mumbuk trek to Khongma (6h)
- Day 19: Khongma trek to Seduwa (6h)
- Day 20: Seduwa trek to Num (6h)
- Day 21: Num trek to Chichilla (6h)
- Day 22: Chichilla trek to Manebhanjyang (5h)
- Day 23: Manebhanjyang trek to Tumlingtar (5h)
- Day 24: Fly to Kathmandu
- Day 25: Free day in Kathmandu
- Day 26: Departure